Feifdom Blondel Insignia
The Insignia of the Fief Blondel should be used with the utmost respect.
The Arms below belong to the present Seigneur. There are 2 Blondel Fiefs, One owned by the
Crown and the other Private. ANCIENT ARMS of THE SEIGNEUR OF FIEF BLONDEL - The armiger
holds The Seigneury of Thomas Blondel; a feudal Normal title of Guernsey dating back to XI century.
The Bailiwick of Guernsey
The Bailiwick of Guernsey is a dependency of the British crown in the Channel off the French coast. In addition
to the island of Guernsey itself, it also includes Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethu, Brecqhou, Burhou and other small
islands. With Jersey, they form the archipelago known as the Norman Channel Islands. Guernsey translates as
"Guernsey" in English. Guernsey has an area of 62 km².
The landscapes are contrasted. Bordered by cliffs on the south coast (altitude 100 m) the island gradually
decreases as one approaches the north coast. The spectacular, rugged landscapes of the south coast give way to the
meadows and rolling hills of the interior, while to the north, the low, sandy coast is indented with well-sheltered
Its capital, Saint Peter Port, is one of the liveliest and most picturesque cities of the archipelago. It is in
this city that Victor Hugo lived in exile from October 31, 1855 to August 15, 1870. He will return there three
times , in 1872 where there is one year, one week in April 1875, and almost four months in 1878.
The coat of arms of Fiefs and Island of Guernsey is composed of the coat of arms of England and that of
Normandy. This blazon, unlike the others, incorporates a small branch at the top. It is composed of a field
Gules, in which appear three lions (or leopard in heraldry) of gold and armed with azure. Above is a small branch
The weapons are those of the Kingdom of England. They are identical to those used by Jersey (with the exception
of the small gold branch on Guernsey's weapons). Although used since 1290, the use of royal arms by the Channel
Islands was accepted in 1907, but never officially granted
The flag of Guernsey , a dependency of the British Crown, was adopted on May 9, 1985, on the occasion of the
40th anniversary of the liberation of the island.
Originally, the Guernsey flag was simply the cross of St. George. This pavilion is mentioned from 1936. However,
there was a confusion between this and that of England. To put an end to this, a committee was formed under the
chairmanship of Sir Graham Dorey, deputy bailiff of the time, who then proposed to continue to use the St. George's
Cross, adding the gold-toned cross on the banner of William the Conqueror.
The civilian merchant flag is composed of the Red Ensign with the gold cross on the side.
Companies that are registered and headquartered on the island may fly the Guernsey flag on their vessels when
operating in waters adjacent to the Channel Islands.
The Ancient Blondel Arms